The Living Past is a holistic programme comprising a continuum of strategies and tools for the teaching and learning of History. It supports the achievement of the learning outcomes identified in the latest History syllabus. Designed to meet the varying needs of teachers and students, The Living Past focuses on promoting active and higher order learning for students as well as dynamic teaching for teachers.
- Thematically organised and incorporates MOE initiatives, historical knowledge and thinking skills
- Attractive info-graphics present facts, ideas and concepts in a concise and clear manner
- Carefully selected photographs add value to content while captions are written to develop depth of knowledge
- A summary is provided at the end of every chapter to draw parallels amongst themes of the three civilisations
- Recap Questions test student's understanding and help in revision of tests and examinations
- Skills Builder provides authentic sources and the explicit teaching and learning of higher order thinking skills